The body size differences are paralleled by maturation changes. The smaller body of an infant is substantially different physiologically from that of an adult. Congenital defects, genetic variance, and developmental issues are of greater concern to pediatricians than they often are to adult physicians. A common adage is that children are not simply "little adults". The clinician must take into account the immature physiology of the infant or child when considering symptoms, prescribing medications, and diagnosing illnesses.Our Pediatric services range from physical check ups, to specific treatments, development and growth expertise, and vaccinations.
1. Growth and Development - Regular well-child care visits help improve the health of children in the community by upholding the best practices of general Pediatrics and promoting the role of the general paediatrician as a provider of primary health care doctor for children and their families.
2. Vaccinations - Vaccination is a strong weapon to ensure that our country will have a healthy and strong citizens in the future. Viruses and bacteria are constantly mutating to become stronger and becoming more fatal. Vaccination services are available and although administration schedule may differ in different countries, they are given mostly the same, hence it is important to consult with your Pediatrician and together work on the schedule.
3. Injury prevention - Children among all ages are the most prone to injuries because of their curiosity and almost limitless physical energy. Because of this, parents are always worried for their child’s safety. A Consultation program on how to prevent and first aid treatments to common accidents at home (e.g. choking, burns, bleeding, bumps, falls, poisoning, etc) therefore gives parents a big relief.
4. Illness Management - Sick-Child Consultation made available to manage
common illnesses in children. Early detection and prompt treatment are key areas in
managing acute and chronic illnesses in children. If the
doctor is keen and quick enough to diagnose and treat pediatric illnesses, child
mortality will be unlikely.
Among the common illnesses in children, below are the illnesses we had specialized
• Abdominal disturbances
• Strep Throat
• Whooping cough
• Chronic (congenital) conditions
• Ear Infections
• Urinary tract infections
• other Bacterial/Viral Infections
5. Nutrition Nutritional needs of a child is very demanding with their very fast metabolism that is in response to their speedy growth and development. A healthy diet can essentially support both the child’s growth and development. Nutritional imbalances do not occur overnight, but mostly arises from eating unhealthy foods at an early age. Obesity is therefore the most common and it does not make your child cute at all. In fact, it pose a danger. Counseling and Proper Nutrition education with the child and the parents can make a really big difference.